Harlow Rugby celebrated their first season at Latton Park as they recognised a number of achievements at their annual “Club Awards and Senior Presentation Evening” on Saturday 19th May.
Chair of Rugby, Paul Tucker (Tux) opened proceedings with a review of the playing season and thanked all those present on helping us along the journey that everyone has experienced since the official opening of Latton Park on 2nd September last year.
Harlow Ladies were first up to celebrate and awarded the following honours:
• Ladies XV Player of the Year Hannah Walkner
• Ladies XV Players Player Victoria McGoldrick
• Ladies XV Most Improved Player Donna Crichton
Harlow Saints were winners of the Shepherd Neame Essex Merit Table Division 5, promoted to Division 4 and winners of the Division 5 Cup.
• Saints Player of the Year Richard Snell
• Saints Players Player Mark Kent
• Saints Most Improved Player Ashley Stallman
Harlow Rams were runners up of the Shepherd Neame Essex Merit Table Division 2 and have been promoted to Division 1.
• Rams Player of the Year Ben Seymour
• Rams Players Player Ben Seymour
• Rams Most Improved Player Ryan Clark
Harlow 1st XV finished in 5th place in London 2 North East after achieving promotion last season. They were also winners of the Essex Intermediate Cup.
• 1st XV Player of the Year Charlie Woodington
• 1st XV Players Player Michael Weston
• 1st XV Most Improved Player Scott Stalley
Club Awards were also presented to Volunteers in recognition of outstanding contributions throughout the season
• The Locke Award, for services to the Minis Section: Paul Eynon
• The Spooner Award, for services to the Youth Section: Andy Perry
• The Hurley Award, for services to Rugby: Steve Foreman & Kevin Ellis
• The President’s Award, for services to the Club: Wendy Ellis
• The Chairman’s Award, for services to the Club: Nina Holmes
RFU Volunteer Awards were also presented to Jake Watts for his help coaching and being an ever present face as part of our schools development programme and to young 1st XV players Alfie Clark & Jack Christy who volunteer and referee Youth matches on a Sunday.
The awards finished with ‘Tux’ thanking everyone for their help. “I’m very proud of what we’ve all accomplished together. Some clubs wouldn’t have been able to do what we’ve done. So, thanks to you, to the club staff, to our ground staff, to the bar staff, to The Rams Kitchen for the lovely meal, to the army of volunteers and the players, we’ll be going into next season with strength to build on our accomplishments and consolidate our future.”
Throughout the evening table magic was performed by Katy Jones and music was provided by Aaron Durack, our resident DJ, as we danced the night away.